Helping your Teen thrive during Adolescence
Why: In todays world our teenagers are faced with increasing challenges. These challenges often create increased anxiety. This group helps teenagers to understand the origins of anxiety, and offers tools to manage their anxiety, and find healthier coping techniques when faced with stressful and anxiety provoking situations. The group setting provides a supportive environment for teens to safely share their feelings, and learn and grow with their peers.
What teens will learn from this group:
- Learn to identify triggers and thoughts that contribute to the negative anxiety cycle
- Express their feelings and concerns with friends, dating, drugs/alcohol and school and how these factors may increase anxious feelings
- Recognize that the way they respond, perceive and handle life events, plays a huge role in their anxiety.
- Learn and practice relaxation and mindfulness techniques to manage their anxiety.
- Learn that it is ok to be you! You are not alone, what you are feeling can be managed and does get better.
When: Thursday evenings 5:30-6:30 pm, starting May 19th, 2016 for six weeks, with the
group ending June 23rd.
Where: 80 Garden Center, Building A, Suite 2, Broomfield, CO 80020
Cost: 6 week class is $300.00; $25 dollar early bird discount if paid by May 13th
Facilitator: Monica Ramunda, MA, LPC, RPT is a Licensed Professional Counselor
and registered play therapist in private practice in Broomfield. She is a Marriage and
Family therapist, specializing in children and adolescents. She has been working with
children and families for over 15 years.
Please call for additional information if you are interested in this group.
Call Monica at 720 304-7611 or e-mail at [email protected]
I offer a variety of groups for teen and children. My Teen support Group is starting in October of 2015. Please see the flyer below:
- How to assert themselves and set healthy boundaries with peers.
- Expressing their feelings and concerns with friends, dating, drugs/alcohol and school
- Self-esteem work. How to feel good about yourself with all the changes around you.
- Learning that it is OK to be you!!
- You are not alone, what you are feeling is normal